Home‎ > ‎Cycling Questions‎ > ‎

The valve on my road bike is different than what I am used to seeing on my car tire, why?

posted Jan 10, 2011, 1:21 PM by Michael Gardner   [ updated Jan 10, 2011, 1:27 PM ]

A The valve stems on road bikes are called “Presta”. They are more easily inflated than the “Schrader” (sometimes spelled Schraeder or Shrader) valves on your car, and that is why they are used on road bikes.